Agus Santoso, deputy chairman of the money-laundering watchdog PPATK, hopes Indonesia will have a new law targeting terrorist financing by February. The law would enable authorities to freeze bank accounts used to finance terrorism.
Name : Agus Santoso
Place of Birth : Purwokerto, Central Java
Date of Birth : 9 Agustus 1960
Job tittle : Deputy chairman of the Financial Transaction Reports and Analysis Center (PPATK)
Wife : Juli Widiastuti SH
Website : www.agussantoso.org
- Indonesia prepares terror financing law
Umar Patek, an accused bombmaker in the 2002 Bali attacks, was speaking to reporters in West Jakarta District Court [2012: Oktofani]
Name : Hisyam bin Ali Zein
Alias : Umar Patek alias Umar, Abu Syekh, Arsalan, Abdul Karim, Umar Arab, Umar Syekh, Zacky dan Anis Alawi Jafar.
Date of birth : 20 Juli 1970
Place of birth : Pemalang, East Java
Wife : Fatimah Azzahra binti Husein Luceno alias Ruqoyah
Case : 2002 Bali Bomb
Summary : Umar Patek was found guilty of murder and bomb-making in connection with the Bali attacks, which killed more than 200 people, mostly foreigners. West Jakarta District Court has convicted a militant of making explosives used in the deadly 2002 Bali bombings and sentenced him to 20 years in jail in 2012.
On March 2014, Umar Patek was relocated from the Brimob prison in Kelapa Dua, Depok, West Java to Porong Penitentiary in Sidoarjo, East Java. The relocation was due to the police’s efforts to uncover a regional terrorism network.
Related article about Umar Patek:
- Witnesses: Loopholes in system helped Patek flee
- Patek: Bali bombings were “against my conscience”
- Prosecutors seek life sentence for remorseful Patek
- Witness: Patek said terror attacks were against Islam
- Judge: Patek can help deter youth from radical extremism
- Patek lawyers: client didn’t know what bombs were for
- Money for Bali bombing came from bin Laden, witnesses say
- Bali suspect apologises to victims, says bombings were wrong
- Muslim leader: terrorists must stop undermining Islam’s image